Taking the impression of patients’ upper and lower teeth in the bite position is referred to as bite registration. It aids in making and settling mouthguards, dentures, and crowns.
During the bite registration procedure, several types of error may take place, depending on the various anatomic characteristics of the elements, as well as on the materials used. Various materials are used to simulate the ratios between the two dental arches that exist. Therefore before choosing bite registration material it is suggested to get fully aware of the characteristics of these materials and choose that fits best in a clinical situation.
The use of dental Registration material is an essential and considered a simple procedure by most however it requires accuracy. Not done perfectly indicates a waste of money and time.
Bite registration is significant for all types of oral rehabilitation. Lack of this crucial measurement and documentation, dentists and dental lab technicians are unable to produce precise occlusal connections for the patient’s prosthesis. Hence various materials are used for bite registration. Such as wax and silicon. Both these materials have their pros and cons.
Difference Between Wax And Silicone Pros And Cons
Wax Bite Registration:
Ideally, it should be a Type III baseplate wax capable of upholding to higher temperatures without deformation or a particular wax produced from beeswax or a mixture of paraffin and ceresin. These materials have certain chances of deforming under higher temperatures especially when transported but are favorable for these procedures because of their lack of flow and detail.
- They are found easy to use.
- They have been used as an old and standard technique for many years.
- Hence they come with one drawback they don’t have dimensional stability as the wax is known to be susceptible to alteration in temperature.
- This high deformability therefore also leads to probable errors which may take place during the disposal from the oral cavity, storehouse, and transportation.
Silicone Bite Registration:
Silicon is considered as a substitute for wax such as, such as Occlufast CAD for bite registration.
- The texture is favorable, invisible for the patient.
- It offers increased levels of hardness, which gives the advantage of easy burning and prevents compressions and wring repositioning.
- They are easy to position and incredibly precise.
- They are considered for suitable handling and setting times for the optimal intercuspation bite registrations and centric, protrusive or lateral relation bite registrations. Occlufast is also acceptable to gnathology, for the assessment of craniocervical-mandibular disorders and centric bite registration in orthodontics.
- It is widely used in the clinical world for being high precision, improved hardness, and extraordinary thixotropy, which give the material benefit to be distributed evenly to observe all the details and its low susceptibility to temperature differences.
- Most dimensionally stable impression material.
- Can be used when several molds are required from a single impression.
- Problems arise when the dentist does not have good control of moisture.
So if you are looking for the best impression registration materials and dental supplies Ho Dental Company is an ideal choice that provides the best dental supplies for dentists. Establishing high precision prostheses implicates taking impressions, ultimately building quality stone models, which are accurate in detail and dimensional stability.
Contact us Mon to Fri 9 a.m to 5 p.m.
Get information for distributors https://www.hodentalcompany.com/support-distributors/
Las Vegas NV 89129